Quotes

Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.Henry David Thoreau

Reptile Forums

Ball Python broken ...

Notifications
Clear all

Ball Python broken teeth?

Jimmy Ward
(@jimmy-ward)
Topic starter  

My ball python gets very aggressive during feeding time, and because of this I routinely toss a towel over his head so he doesn't strike me when putting him in his feeding tank.

Today he struck at the towel but missed and ended up biting a piece of bark at the bottom of his cage. I gently opened his mouth and removed the bark, but noticed he had broken quite a few teeth on the side the piece of bark was stuck.

My question is, should I wait a few weeks to feed him (an estimate on how long would be nice) and then try again and if he doesn't eat should I take him to a veterinarian, or should I take him now?

Bertha Jenkins
(@bertha-jenkins)

You can feed him as you normally do. A trip to the vet is a smart thing to do. You do not want an infection to develop inside your snake's mouth. I do not how big your ball python is but, if he is large enough, you can try to start conditioning and controlling him with an appropriate sized snake hook.

ReplyQuote
Rick Gonzalez
(@rick-gonzalez)

I would continue feeding him regularly. About the striking thing though does your snake have a cave and make sure the temp. is right. Ball pythons are very unaggressive.

ReplyQuote
Share: